Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I downloaded to newest wine yesterday and every thing. I installed starcraft great but one thing. Every time I go to play it it ask for the CD. I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Starcraft........

Ok I downloaded to newest wine yesterday and every thing. I installed starcraft great but one thing. Every time I go to play it it ask for the CD. I'm like the cd is in the dam cd rom drive. Any help on how to get it to run?

Hmm.. you could possibly download a cracked no cd thing (see the guide for Diablo 2 in the website Frank's Corner) then go from there. This may seem like an odd question but are you running it in a terminal?
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Newbie
    I'm not runing it in a terminal. But you can run it in a terminal?? How?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    do a google search for "starcraft wine howto" i had this problem too. the problem is that starcraft can only see the directory of the cd but cannot see the device itself.

ln -s /mnt/cdrom0 /home/(username)/.wine/dosdevices/d::
    ln -s /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /home/(username)/.wine/dosdevices/d:

you might have to change that so the first location is where your cd device is. (not where it is mounted to, but where it is mounted from). the next location is where your /.wine directory is. if you have more than one cd drive, do it again but make it link the other cdrom to the e drive or something.

ln -s /mnt/cdrom0 /home/(username)/.wine/dosdevices/d::

this might need a little alternation just like the last one. however the first location does point to where the device is mounted to. note the two comas at the end.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA