Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i'd tried and failed. in the end, a friend gave me a copy of cedega itself, just the command line tho, point2play doesn't work unless you're subscribed. i've also heard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i'd tried and failed. in the end, a friend gave me a copy of cedega itself, just the command line tho, point2play doesn't work unless you're subscribed. i've also heard that the CVS version of cedega isn't so good.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Newbie
    know where i can find a friendwhowilljustgivemecedega? i been trying like hell to get WineCVS to work and so far all i've gotten to install is cvswine... which is redundant since i can dl that through apt-get anyway.
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

he's already said he won't give any more out unfortunately. besides i wouldn't be a very good friend if i sent a whole forum round asking for free cedega.
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Newbie
    i didn't say he needed too ... i just need to know where i can find someone that will ;P .... i hate WineCVS tho ... just won't work for me... however it did teach me everything i need to know about finding and fixing dependancie problems lol.
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

you can always ask in forums. or even try a cedega channel (there may be one on freenode), just don't blame me if you get banned from them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2