Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to linux but i have been a computer user since before ibm made the first home computer (the old 8086's) And i have been trying to figure out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wine for dummies

I'm new to linux but i have been a computer user since before ibm made the first home computer (the old 8086's) And i have been trying to figure out how to install/compile the wine in my xandros/xp pro comp. I can't even figure out how to config my aopen fm56svv modem And i have to use xp to do anything on the web It's kinda ticking me off anyone be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it since I can't read saved web pages can anyone e-mail me the info or send me a detailed explaination in txt format wert91@hotmail.com

try www.google.com/linux
    that can solve many a problem.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

I had the same prob with the win modem I bought a best data ext modem it is Linux ready Rob

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close