Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I got wine on it, I double click on my program & in the taskbar it says Stating Wine then it dissapears and no programs come up...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I can't run programs

Well, I got wine on it, I double click on my program & in the taskbar it says
    Stating Wine
    then it dissapears and no programs come up

Try running it from console and post the output:
    Code:
    wine programname.exe

Just Joined!
    Code:
    fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
    fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx (0x7f63f314,25222,0,{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x7babf800), partially implemented.
    fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x7bc80368)->(0x7bc8b680, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.
    fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x7bc80368)->(0x7bcb0bc0, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.
    Then It Froze

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i found the best thing to do is first run
    Code:
    wine
    by itself. this creates the .wine/drive_c directories. depending on the program you will need to install it. run:

Code:
    wine /pathtoinstall/SetupFile.exe
    it can't be run from the windows partition. also try Frank's Corner for better explanations on using wine.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!
    Code:
    [john@localhost ~]$ wine
    Wine 20050628
    Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
           wine --help                   Display this help and exit
           wine --version                Output version information and exit
    [john@localhost ~]$ wine /home/john/madness/madness.exe
    fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
    fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx (0x7f63f314,25222,0,{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x7babf800), partially implemented.
    fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x7bc80370)->(0x7bc8b688, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.
    fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x7bc80370)->(0x7bcb0bb8, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.

hmm... maybe it is not compatible. not everything works in wine unfortunately. even worse is that wine experts are hard to find...

oh yeah, you only need to use the wine command by itself the first time so that wine sets everything up. after that it's all good. sort of...
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?