Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am able to install Starcraft using Wine. All is happy. I've not yet gotten to run it (I just now found the directions for getting CD stuff to work), ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installing Starcraft with Cedega

I am able to install Starcraft using Wine. All is happy. I've not yet gotten to run it (I just now found the directions for getting CD stuff to work), but it has installed in the past with Wine.

However, with Cedega, this does not work:

Code:
    alex@tux /mnt/cdrom $ cvscedega install.exe 
    err:font:ReadFontDir Can't open directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/"
    fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
    wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
    I used WineCVS.sh to install it (I failed miserably with doing the CVS install myself). This has played other games wonderfully, but has yet to install any CD-based games. And I'd like to play with DirectX, frankly.

I found a thread addressing this exact problem with Google on this forum, but it doesn't exist anymore. I cried.

So if anyone can help me out or wants to ask any questions, I'd be VERY grateful.

I know this answer won't be popular with open source purists, but I'd recommend using Point2Play with Cedega (paid version), I use it to run Starcraft, and frankly, I can't see any problems running it under Linux at all. In my estimation, Starcraft runs on my machine under Linux as well as under Windows. Point2Play enabables the installation of a lot of games that using just Cedega alone won't.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here