Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is the first time I'm actually using linux or wine. My goal is to get Flash MX and Photoshop 7 installed. I've got an Athlon64 3000+, NFORCE4 ULTRA MOBO, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

64-bit Fedora Core and 32-bit Wine???

This is the first time I'm actually using linux or wine. My goal is to get Flash MX and Photoshop 7 installed. I've got an Athlon64 3000+, NFORCE4 ULTRA MOBO, 1GB DDR400, 2 37GB WD RAPTORS IN RAID 0. I'm running Fedora Core 4 x86_64 and Wine 20050524 which is 32-bit. I can't find a 64-bit verison of wine or winetools. I've reead that the 32-bit verisons will work but it doesn't seem to bee working for me.

I mounted my NTFS drive and copied the flash installer over to the desktop. I opened the terminal as root and ran the *.exe using wine. It starts the installshield then I get a windows error "An error occurred while launching the setup (0x800401fd)". Also the last line the terminal says "fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x50 0x7e6cea68 (nil) (nil)". I searched the web and came across http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=flashmx. When I tried that solution I get an error telling me that a newer version of dcom98 is already installed and that I need to uninstall the old first. But I don't know how to uninstall apps using wine. Can anyone help me? I've read about crossover office and winex but I really can't afford it. So any info would be helpful. Thanks...

T0k3n

fc4

Just Joined!
    I tried downloading the FC3 i686 version. I'm pretty sure thats what I have installed now. I read that the i686 version should run on x86_64 version of Fedora. But I have FC4 and the version on that site is for FC3. Not sure if that makes a difference...

I also saw that they just came out with another version of wine but there isn't one complied for my setup. Is there a tutorial on compiling software for Fedora linux that someone could point me too? It seems that since I'm running FC4 64-bit that there isn't any RPMs. Should I try a older/different version of Linux? 32 or 64 bit?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close