Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have finally managed to create a decent wine config file and got mspaint to work on wine (copied over the correct dll's and executable). Even though mspaint works (the gui ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

question running windows programs on wine

Have finally managed to create a decent wine config file and got mspaint to work on wine (copied over the correct dll's and executable). Even though mspaint works (the gui pops up and I can use the paint tools correctly), when I run it from the console, I get this output.

[root@localhost root]# wine mspaint.exe
    fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a1f4e726-8cf1-11d1-bf92-0060081ed811} not registered
    err:ole:create_server class {a1f4e726-8cf1-11d1-bf92-0060081ed811} not registered
    fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID {a1f4e726-8cf1-11d1 -bf92-0060081ed811}, hres is 0x80040150

I suspect this may have something to do with the dll's I copied over ( Im using WinXP on an unmountable hardrive and copied the dll's and executable over with a floppy). Another possibility is how I could have "installed" it ( it was simply a copy and paste job to the /root folder)

Should I worry too much about this, and if so, how should I go about resolving it ?

many thanks once again
    [/i]

this happens all the time with WINE. the programs get lots of errors but as long as they're not fatal then it should be ok.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!
    no worry. It's a common thing

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    im just gona ask you one thing... why do you *want* ms pant

Just Joined!
    it was just a test to see if I could get a windows-program working properly in Linux