Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to get in internal application to work with WINE but have hit several snags in the process. The application loads fine and when I launch the application ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how does wine treat .EXE in a program

I am trying to get in internal application to work with WINE but have hit several snags in the process. The application loads fine and when I launch the application it opens the way it is supposed too. Once the program is open though none of the menus work inside the application. There are multiple .exe found inside the installation folder that are associated with the application. My question is how does Wine or Crossover treat .exe inside the application and do any associations need to be made in order for them to run correctly.
    whats even more frustrating is the application also installs a report writter and this works fine menus and all.
    to give a little background on the appication:
    it installs into a directory on the root of the drive. the application is fully contained within that directory. The user needs full control of that folder/ share drive.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Linux Newbie
    I'm no expert on this, but I believe any DLLs required must be provided - either by finding one specially for wine, or by ripping it out of a windows computer / program
    Registered Linux user #393668

Just Joined!
    I understand that the DLL's need to be present in order for wine to work. I guess my question needs to be clarified a litttle bit. The program I am trying to run will run multiple executables through out its operation. certain commands and calls will cause another executable to be kicked off. How does wine treat these executables and does there need to be any file associations made to them so that they will kick off and run properly.