Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having problems with the windows installer for wine. Does anybody know of a Step By Step guide to installing and configuring wine allowing for pretty much anything that can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Step By Step Wine Install

I'm having problems with the windows installer for wine. Does anybody know of a Step By Step guide to installing and configuring wine allowing for pretty much anything that can go wrong and the solutions to them.

Thx, Cheers..

Linux User

Re: Need Step By Step Wine Install

Quote Originally Posted by silverweave
    I'm having problems with the windows installer for wine. Does anybody know of a Step By Step guide to installing and configuring wine allowing for pretty much anything that can go wrong and the solutions to them.

Thx, Cheers..
    why you need wine on windows?

Just Joined!
    i'm not using windows, i'm using Fedora Core 4, i'm having a problem with the windows installer while installing and configuring wine of fedora

Linux Enthusiast
    What Windows program exactly are you trying to install on Wine?

Just Joined!
    i'm not trying to install a windows program, i'm actually trying to install and configure wine itself so i can use some of my windows programs. it's the configuration and setup that's causing me a problem. i'm following the prompts through wine tools.

Linux Newbie
    have you installed wine tools?? if so some of the programs you need in there are dependent on each other, i found that annoying, so i litually went through each one... over and over again... until finally i got all of it installed... and right now i am installing the sims 2, and all i am getting is a which blank Electronic Arts Inc. screen..
    GAH!!!

have you installed wine tools??
    I just installed wine tools, and ran some of the BASE SETUP stuff (DCOM98, arial fonts, etc), but for some reason it won't install either Arial fonts, or Internet explorer. When i try arial, the download stops at 3% and i have to cancel, and internet explorer says "download failed".

anyone else have this problem?

Just Joined!

Re:

I have suse 10 oss but for installing internet explorer (y would u want to) and fonts etc i recommend crossover office from codeweavers. U have 2 pay 4 it though...

y would u want to
    Need it for cross-browser web design.