Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Is there anyway to download DirectX 9.0b or above from a site apart from microsoft cos i bought call of duty and it wont start without it and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

directX

Hi
    Is there anyway to download DirectX 9.0b or above from a site apart from microsoft cos i bought call of duty and it wont start without it and the microsoft site wont let me download it

You cannot run MS Windows software on Linux without some sort of emulation or other software like WINE or Cedega. DirectX will not install or run on Linux.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    im not tryin to get it to run on linux i just like to download the program on another site apart from microsoft

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmonky
    im not tryin to get it to run on linux i just like to download the program on another site apart from microsoft
    So you're asking for help with Microsoft Windows on a Linux forum? Normally we're obliging, but you do realize where you are, right?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    ok
    if i were to download WINE would i be able to download the program from here and would it work with the game

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmonky
    ok
    if i were to download WINE would i be able to download the program from here and would it work with the game
    You're confusing me now. Are you trying to get this game to run in Linux?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

i think if you google "directx runtime" then you might get some results.

i had problems d/ling from the MS site back in my windows days. if you search around you should be able to get it. i don't know if they still bundle DX on games CDs.

Moe, i think he may be asking how to get around the MS checker for the site so he can download DX off it from linux. it's probably safer than getting it off the internet in windows
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?