Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the TiVo desktop application to run under any version of Wine? If so, which version and using which distribution? TIA, Ewan...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TiVo Desktop on Wine?

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the TiVo desktop application to run under any version of Wine? If so, which version and using which distribution?

TIA,
    Ewan

just so you know you could try native linux programs that work like tivo.

Two good one's, though rather hard to get up and working are: mythtv and freevo.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux Enthusiast
    Freevo and myth tv are great:

http://freevo.sourceforge.net/
    http://mythtv.org/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Yes, both of those are good programs. The problem is, my computer is upstairs, and our family TV is downstairs. With the TiVo being downstairs that isn't a problem. I pull the episodes off using TiVo desktop, then use the DirectShow dump utility to strip the DRM, and then use TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress to cut out the commercials and put the files in a format that can be played back on the TiVo.

With MythTV or Freevo I'd have to buy another computer or buy and hack an XBox.

Hence the reason I was hoping to find someone who had gotten the TiVo desktop software running under Wine.