Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #11
    Linux User oosterhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    318

    Well it doesn't work for me, maybe because the person I've been trying to direct connect to has AIM not GAIM? I use dc for pictures, it's easier than sending picture files and opening them in an external application.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    Well it doesn't work for me, maybe because the person I've been trying to direct connect to has AIM not GAIM? I use dc for pictures, it's easier than sending picture files and opening them in an external application.
    no he had aim...

  3. #13
    Linux User oosterhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    318
    Hmm...well I have GAIM v 1.5, and PCLinuxOS, and I've always been able to direct connect on Windows XP with AIM, so I don't know why this won't work.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    Hmm...well I have GAIM v 1.5, and PCLinuxOS, and I've always been able to direct connect on Windows XP with AIM, so I don't know why this won't work.
    if you saw, it took 3 minutes maby you didnt wait long enough?

  6. #15
    Linux User oosterhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    318
    Yeah that's probably it, it connects almost immediately on AIM though.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    Yeah that's probably it, it connects almost immediately on AIM though.
    well try giving it a few minutes...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •