Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a ati radeon x300 video card and i have installed the ati drivers and i selected the winex compatibility mode but in winex the video all messed up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ati drivers and winex

i have a ati radeon x300 video card and i have installed the ati drivers and i selected the winex compatibility mode but in winex the video all messed up the only game i have tried is battlefield Vietnam and i ran it under the mesa drivers when i first installed it and it worked the video was really lagy but it worked then i installed the ati drivers and it freezes up at the video and then goes back to the desktop with the resolution all screwed up can anyone help i would really like to get my games working

Linux Enthusiast
    Well ATI has pretty bad drivers for linux and that might be part of the promblem

Just Joined!
    are there any 3rd party drivers that will get me the 3d suport i need that i can get

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    yeah theres a project called r300 (its on sourceforge) that does some if i remember rightly, but its not easy to install and only works for some games. ive been trying with ATI drivers for yonks and the only thing i can recommend to you is nvidia.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463