Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello i hav heard of wine but never used it... so how can i know which windows application can i run using Wine.... i hav problems running few windows games ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

applications that can be run using Wine

hello

i hav heard of wine but never used it... so how can i know which windows application can i run using Wine....

i hav problems running few windows games on XP and i want to run them on linux .. how can i do that....

what are the requirements for that?

Wine will start MS DOS an Windos programs. Those without dll's in windows files work just fine. For other is more sticky part. Download wine from ther official website
    http://www.winehq.com/
    After that, install it, configure, and use it... Is very easy...

Just Joined!

Wine Apps

For a good listing of Apps that run in wine, and a few "how-to's" go to:

http://frankscorner.org

Plenty of listings, ratings, etc. Many of the listings have peeps who regularly maintain the listings (ie. reporting good, bad, or indifferent). If interested you can also be a maintainer yourself.

I've been thinking of trashing Win for a long time, but haven't because of several progs that wouldn't run in WINE. Now that about 80% of my stuff will do it (according to some). I'm going to give it a serious try.
    I've installed XandrOS (OK, but limited to mostly office apps), Ubuntu ( had wierd resolution probs with my Viewsonic 19" monitor), and Mandriva (same res problem). Currently DL'ing Kubuntu (I prefer KDE). Once Dl'd, I will install Kubuntu and SuSe 10.0., and start resolving any probs with the help of the great folks here.

Good luck and good hunting!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by heloego
    For a good listing of Apps that run in wine, and a few "how-to's" go to:

http://frankscorner.org

Plenty of listings, ratings, etc. Many of the listings have peeps who regularly maintain the listings (ie. reporting good, bad, or indifferent). If interested you can also be a maintainer yourself.

I've been thinking of trashing Win for a long time, but haven't because of several progs that wouldn't run in WINE. Now that about 80% of my stuff will do it (according to some). I'm going to give it a serious try.
    I've installed XandrOS (OK, but limited to mostly office apps), Ubuntu ( had wierd resolution probs with my Viewsonic 19" monitor), and Mandriva (same res problem). Currently DL'ing Kubuntu (I prefer KDE). Once Dl'd, I will install Kubuntu and SuSe 10.0., and start resolving any probs with the help of the great folks here.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Thank You that is some real nice information on wine.
    <advertising NOT allowed in signatures>