Find the answer to your Linux question:
How would I go about setting this up? I am a Linux Newbie and I do not even know how to run wine, I have it installed and I tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Running Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver in Wine?

How would I go about setting this up? I am a Linux Newbie and I do not even know how to run wine, I have it installed and I tried to go into the configurator and add the programs, that didn't work. Do I just have to enter the whole path to the file in the terminal now? A tutorial on how to setup programs in wine is what I need, but I can't seem to find one.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    How would I go about setting this up? I am a Linux Newbie and I do not even know how to run wine, I have it installed and I tried to go into the configurator and add the programs, that didn't work. Do I just have to enter the whole path to the file in the terminal now? A tutorial on how to setup programs in wine is what I need, but I can't seem to find one.
    who needs dreamweaver? edit your web content manually. you learn more that way anyhow. (unless you're doing image link mapping)

either way, programs should run.

Do this in a Terminal:

Wine [path/to/your/program.exe]

to confgiure wine, use "winecfg"

Thank you, I posted this a while ago and yes I've been coding manually. I was just used to dreamweaver.

Just Joined!
    some programs work better than others, and as I recall Dremweaver is one that doesn't work well, if at all. Go to the applications database on the winehq.com website, they have info on most major programs (and a few useless ones: someone decided to run the Windows port of Gimp through Wine to see what happened, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    CodeWeavers Crossover is the only WINE-based project I've had any luck with running Dreamweaver, Photoshop or MS Office in Linux. It comes free with Xandros Deluxe, or it's something like $75USD by itself. If you *must* use them, that may be your best bet.

If not, there are plenty of alternatives, as mentioned above.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants