Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use wine 0.9.5. When I run Counter-Strike with the command, "wine Steam.exe -fullscreen -width 1280 -height 1024 -applaunch 10 -heapsize 512000", CS freezes, as soon as I get to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine and Counter-Strike Freezes quickly

I use wine 0.9.5. When I run Counter-Strike with the command, "wine Steam.exe -fullscreen -width 1280 -height 1024 -applaunch 10 -heapsize 512000", CS freezes, as soon as I get to play, while downloading resources, or as soon as I pick a team, it likes to keep me guessing :\. The freezes cause me to have to close the terminal, after alt-tabbing, I can't do anything with the game when it does this, can anyone help?

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ph33r213
    I use wine 0.9.5. When I run Counter-Strike with the command, "wine Steam.exe -fullscreen -width 1280 -height 1024 -applaunch 10 -heapsize 512000", CS freezes, as soon as I get to play, while downloading resources, or as soon as I pick a team, it likes to keep me guessing :\. The freezes cause me to have to close the terminal, after alt-tabbing, I can't do anything with the game when it does this, can anyone help?

while downloading? maybe its a write error.
    while joining? (maybe a network error sending and recieving packets)

also, if you game crashes you might not have genuine content. have you installed model skins or anything? uninstall them, steam might ban you permenantly, as I think that is considered "Cheating".

just some thoughts to get you started.