Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well i downloaded it and installed it with yast and i don't know where it is to launch it. I'm very new to linux and actually this is my first ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with wine

Well i downloaded it and installed it with yast and i don't know where it is to launch it. I'm very new to linux and actually this is my first day and wanted to try this out. So how can i launch it?

oz
    forum.guy
    Have you read the Wine HowTo yet?

http://www.winehq.com/site/howto

Here's the FAQ, too:

http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-faq/index
    oz

Wine is never launched by itself; the most common way to use it is to type "wine" in a command prompt, followed by the name of a Windows executable. I.e., from the directory containing the executable,
    Code:
    wine program.exe
    Or if your desktop environment supports automatic mimetype handling (as KDE and Gnome do), you can set it up to use wine to handle .exe, .com, and .bat files, and then just run the Windows programs directly.

If you use KDE or Gnome, recent versions of wine will put a 'Wine' entry in your panel menu, and programs installed through wine can be launched from the menu that way. Of course, you'll have to use one of the above methods to install the program first

Wine also comes with a set of tools, such as a registry editor, a file manager (like Windows Explorer), and a configuration tool to set both general and program-specific wine options. Type "wine" and hit Tab once or twice in a console to see a full list of wine-related tools. Really, the only one you'll have a lot of use for is winecfg.

Hope that helps!
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Winetools is also pretty useful when your first using wine. It makes it easy to get some basic stuff like fonts, and installer, as well as internet explorer up and running.