Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm using Gentoo with Wine 0.9.8. I'm trying to get a program to run, a program which installs a bunch of dll's to somewhere else than the standard /windows/system32, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wine's dll search path

Hi!

I'm using Gentoo with Wine 0.9.8. I'm trying to get a program to run, a program which installs a bunch of dll's to somewhere else than the standard /windows/system32, and consequently doesn't find them when I try to run it with Wine. I could of course copy or link the dll's to /windows/system32, but before I try that I'd like to know whether there is a way to specify an additional dll search path for Wine? That would be much easier and 'cleaner' way.

It turns out there's an environment variable for just that sort of thing. It's called WINEDLLPATH.
    I've never passed an environment variable to wine, but from the man page it looks like it should go like this:
    Code:
    wine <program.exe> WINEDLLPATH+=</path/to/dll>
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Well, setting the WINEDLLPATH didn't work (either that or I didn't use it correctly). But it doesn't really matter, I found out that I could run the application with all dll's correctly loaded by just:

'wine start application.exe'

Previously I tried to run it with 'wine /path/to/application.exe'

Thank you anyway.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close