Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to run the program angry ip scanner. I know that i have to run it with comctl32.dll. However I am new to wine and have no idea ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I need help running a program with a specific dll

I am trying to run the program angry ip scanner. I know that i have to run it with comctl32.dll. However I am new to wine and have no idea what to do. The website said exactly this:
    Running on Linux: You can run Angry IP Scanner under Linux using Wine. I recommend using native comctl32.dll for best results. Creating RAW sockets (for pinging) requires having root privileges on Linux, so you may have to execute it under root somehow.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Run winecfg (either in a console or using the Run Command... menu option in your main menu). It'll start up with an Application Settings window, with only the entry "Default Settings." Click "Add application..." and browse to your program. Then go to the Libraries tab to set an override for the program. Type comctl32.dll in the box under "New override for library:" and hit the Add button (NOT the Enter key!). It'll show up in the list as (native, builtin), meaning wine will use the native dll if it's available.
    Make sure you copy the dll to wine's dll path or set the path to include the directory where the dll is.
    If you find that you need to run the program as root, you will probably have to do this whole process over in the root account, because wine settings are saved per user.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!