Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I don't know what the error is. I would check out google for others who have tried to install call of duty and wine because you might need a certain ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I don't know what the error is. I would check out google for others who have tried to install call of duty and wine because you might need a certain dll or some kind of hack to get it working. Like I said before wine and games don't always play well together. But with enough work you should be able to get it working.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

well, i'm giving up on cod2 for now, and i'm trying cod1.

the installer works ok untill it asks for the second cd. problem is, i cant eject the 1st cd because its being used by wine, and i cant insert the second one.

so i found a help file at wine hq, and there was a report about this bug, and it was suggested that i dont run the exe from the mountpoint. how can i run it without it being from the mount point?

anyway, i can understandif u dont answer, i've been bugging ya a lot

here is the page from winehq i used as reference:

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2628

the reports are at the bottom of the page

thanx

that link doesn't work

but I think they are referring to executing command like this:

let's pretend your mountpoint is /mnt/cdrom

then run command like this from anywhere other then /mnt/cdrom

Code:
    wine /mnt/cdrom/nameofinstaller.exe
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

well, it finaly installed.

the program runs and all, but when its juat about to go into full-screen mode, it crashes. after instepcting the log file, it seems to be my vga card not running the right drivers. so now i'l wrestling my graphics card.....

ayway, thanx for all the help spencer

no problem glad I could be of service. I'll try to check out your graphics thread as I have an ati and have spent a lot of time configuring it.

thanx spence.

actualy i have a thread running at linuxquestions.org, since nobody answered here.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=417112

if you want just toggle to page two, i'm softa gettingclose to solving it, but still need some help

Just Joined!
    Call of Duty 2 is my Favorite Game too, and i try to installed in Suse 10.1 whit the new vercion of cedega and i couldn't :S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2