Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I type wine into a konsole, and then click configure on the thing that pops up, I get: Code: kbk@1[~]$ wine Wine called with no arguments. Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin ... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Can't configure wine

When I type wine into a konsole, and then click configure on the thing that pops up, I get:
    Code:
    kbk@1[~]$ wine
    Wine called with no arguments.
    Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin  ...
    /usr/bin/wine: line 290: winecfg: command not found
    . I need to configure it to see my disk drive, so I can play my games. I have re-installed it twice since this started happening... Anyone have a clue what I can do?

Linux Newbie
    It looks like the error is self-explanatory.
    wine was called with no arguments.
    ie; 'wine notepad'
    Not sure what version you're running, but try the command 'winecfg'

edit/Oops misread the post, sorry have no idea what's going on.
    WARNING: I may be telling you more than I know !

yep,

use itlike this

wine program.exe

make sure you're in the same directory as the program that you want to emulate, or else wine wont find it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    kbk
    Well I went to the directory of the cd-rom, ran the "Launch.exe" and it came up, then I clicked "Play" and it said "no cd-rom found". The cd is mounted, and I also tried it from the directory where the game is installed. Still doesn't work. I remember before I had to configure wine to find the cd drive. I am using wine 9.6.1 btw.

Yeah, winecfg is the program that you need. It looks like wine tried to run that and couldn't find it, so either it's not installed or it's not in a path where wine can find it. Try a "whereis" to see if it's in the filesystem, and if you find it, you can cd to its location and run it.

If it's not there, I'd recommend re-installing wine. But there is one other thing you can try in the meantime. cd to ~/.wine/dosdevices and check the links in there. There will be c: linked to ~/.wine/drive_c, and z: linked to /, and probably h: linked to ~. There may or may not be a d: link; if there is, find another letter for it, and link d: to your CD-ROM mount point.
    This will only work if the game assumes the CD is drive D:, which happens every now and then (less now than before). There's probably a registry entry that defines the CD-ROM location, but I don't know what it would be.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

kbk
    I re-installed it using synaptic this time instead of apt-get. It seemed to work, the game still doesn't work however, but I still have a few things to mess around with..

Edit: It won't save the cdrom drive, I label it drive "F:" and every time I try to run the game it won't find it, so I go back and configure again, and it didn't save the settings...

kbk
    So how can I get it to recognize my new settings? Is there anything special I have to do, or is it just messed up?