Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey; i Use wine for execute my windows application. and when i use a application, at a moment i have this error message: violation of access to the adress 5743A80 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with Shell32.dll??

hey;

i Use wine for execute my windows application. and when i use a application, at a moment i have this error message:
    violation of access to the adress 5743A80 in the module shell32.dll. Reading of address 00000001.

someone have a idea please.
    wait for your help.
    best regards.

What program were you trying to run?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    What program were you trying to run?
    I run a programm that we developped with Borland C++ builder under windows, but i just run the executable programm under wine.
    the page of indexe is posted and I can traverse the menus, I can add a customer, creat the requests..... but when I click under menu to post a small window it posts the error message ( i thinks, i am note sure, because in the source code , it called a toolbar form, and i don't know how wine use toolbar).

thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you built the app, have you considered recompiling it in Linux? Does it make any MS Windows-specific API calls, like COM references or anything?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    If you built the app, have you considered recompiling it in Linux? Does it make any MS Windows-specific API calls, like COM references or anything?
    No, i didn't recomile it in linux, i use the executable program. if it' is make any API, how can i use this API under wine? i have just added it in C:\\windows\\system32 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by bonano
    No, i didn't recomile it in linux, i use the executable program. if it' is make any API, how can i use this API under wine? i have just added it in C:\\windows\\system32 or what?
    I don't think we're understanding each other. You said you're trying to run a program you created in Windows using Borland C++ in Linux. I said, if you created it then you have access to the source code, so you might be able to recompile it in Linux.

However that might be a lot more work than necessary, now that I think about it. I don't use WINE on a daily basis so I'm going to pass this thread off to someone with more experience in this arena. Stick around, someone else will probably be able to help you.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants