Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey every body; I use wine to run windows application, and I installed Acrobat Reader. my Problem: when I launch the impression of a pdf, it prints me the code ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with PDF under WIne

hey every body;

I use wine to run windows application, and I installed Acrobat Reader. my Problem: when I launch the impression of a pdf, it prints me the code instead of text
    have you an idea ? thank you.

Bonano.

Why don't you use Acrobat Reader for Linux instead of using the windows version in WINE?

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Because i run a application (.exe) developped with windows ( Borland C++), in the application , to visualize the invoice, the application use Acrobat Reader ( windows) , so i installed Acrobat under wine, it works , but i have the problem to print. it prints the code.

Quote Originally Posted by bonano
    Because i run a application (.exe) developped with windows ( Borland C++), in the application , to visualize the invoice, the application use Acrobat Reader ( windows) , so i installed Acrobat under wine, it works , but i have the problem to print. it prints the code.
    Perhaps I'm not understanding the problem here. You're trying to open a PDF file, yes? There is an official Linux version of Adobe's Acrobat Reader for Linux (you've been given the link above). There are also many programs in Linux that will read PDF files. I don't understand why you need to use Acrobat in WINE.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

it looks like his program is loading what ever the default pdf viewer is. so he is forced to install acrobat. except since he is using wine on the first program and it calls acrobat i see how he can have issues.

my advice is to maybe write your invoice to a pdf saved on disk then open it with linux pdf viewers.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonano
    hey every body;

I use wine to run windows application, and I installed Acrobat Reader. my Problem: when I launch the impression of a pdf, it prints me the code instead of text
    have you an idea ? thank you. Bonano.
    I know this is an old thread but I have this exact same problem. The site that I have to access for my business is an IE ONLY site, I cannot access it with Firefox. I can ONLY access the site in Linux using Wine and IE6. The ONLY problem I have at this point is printing proof of insurance, customer receipts for payments, etc. These "open in a new window" in a pdf file for printing. When running IE6 in Wine they do not open. They are in an ".asp" format which open in Adobe Acrobat when I am in XP and IE6 or IE7 and they open flawlessly. In Linux and IE6 - "not happenin".

I think I definitely need to find a way to integrate Adobe for Windows into Wine, so that the file association between IE6 and Adobe will open these "customer documents" and therein lies my problem. I can NOTHING on the web about integrating Adobe (for Windows) into Wine. Does anyone know if a good written procedure exists online that I can use to integrate Adobe Acrobat for Windows into Wine?

Quote Originally Posted by JustDon
    I know this is an old thread but I have this exact same problem. The site that I have to access for my business is an IE ONLY site, I cannot access it with Firefox.
    If this site doesn't require any specifix IE features (like active X), then you can simply use a user agent switcher and make your firefox appear as if it was IE :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee