Find the answer to your Linux question:
I heard that Wine probably wasn't worth bothering with, but I gave it a go. The text came up in Wingdings or something (If I install automatix, will the fonts ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

fonts & games

I heard that Wine probably wasn't worth bothering with, but I gave it a go. The text came up in Wingdings or something (If I install automatix, will the fonts go back to normal?), and almost none of the programs I tried to run worked. One of the games I installed kept asking for the cd-rom.
    Does anyone know how to run Myst III Exile? My Dad's laptop is a 2000ME, and doesn't have enough diskspace, RAM or CPU speed, and our maun computer is slow and it's a 98SE. Will it work on Wine, or will I need Cedega?
    I've just re-installed Ubuntu, and haven't done much configuration yet, but I'd like the info before I mess it all up again!
    Thanks, fazza
    I feel stupid :drown:

A good complement to wine is winetools. It will help you download some really useful stuff (like fonts) and get wine set up nicely.

As for Myst III, make sure the CD is mounted. Looking at the Myst III page in the wine application database, it looks like people haven't had much luck with it.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!