Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think the title sums it up. Never the less heres some stats. PDA: -Palm Tungsten E Comp: -HP pavilion ze 2000 CPU: -Sempron-M 3000+ RAM: -512 Kpilot works great....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wine->docs to go??? help

I think the title sums it up.

Never the less heres some stats.

PDA:
    -Palm Tungsten E
    Comp:
    -HP pavilion ze 2000
    CPU:
    -Sempron-M 3000+
    RAM:

Kpilot works great.

Just Joined!
    I'm sorry. I don't get it. What do you want? Run/install a Windows program w/ Wine?

ya pretty much i would like to run docs to go under wine.

I have absolutely no wine experience, and still not well lored in linux

i figured i should probobly research doing this before i start. is it possible , are there things i need and need to know how to do.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Most distro's have Wine installed as a standard. Watch out w/ Suse 10: for MS Office you need to remove the installed Wine version and install version 0.9.1 from the Wine site.

So just pop in the CD and double click the app you wanna install. If you're lucky Wine supports it and installs it into: /home/your_name/.wine/c_drive (or something like that). Check on beforehand what your virtual c-drive is in /home/name/.wine/dosdevices/.

Good luck.

P.S. I think this is amore useful wine site than the official one: http://www.frankscorner.org

what if its not a CD and simply a .exe

& thanks for the link. but i dont see were to download it. Under the download tag there doesnt seem to be anything to download.

"Life is peachy"
    "Unless your a peach"

Just Joined!
    If it is an .exe that is not on a CD but on your harddrive, usb-stick, floppy etc, etc you open up a filemanager (i.e. Nautilus for Gnome) and double click that .exe file. Or, to watch the error messages from wine, you open a terminal window and type: "wine instal.exe".

The program Wine is on the CD of your distro, and probably already installed. Just type in "wine" in a terminal window to check. Else, go to the official Wine site and download it (www.winehq.com/site/download).

Good luck!

P.S. On a computer, especiallly a Linux box, you should not be afraid to "experiment", but always beware for data loss.