Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
People are starting to see success with oblivion and wine, i plan on trying this sometime during the week, ill try both cedega and wine, in both attempts i will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Oblivion and Wine

People are starting to see success with oblivion and wine, i plan on trying this sometime during the week, ill try both cedega and wine, in both attempts i will use oldovlivion, which downgrades oblivion to run in pre direct x 9 settings, which should give me a better chance. Just thought id post to let you guys know, i know a few of you are interested in this game (techemoe for one)

http://oldblivion.com/ (old oblivion link)

please do keep us updated and if you have time try to remember how you get it to work and maybe create a little how-to or sticky. Please and thanks and good luck wine can be a real bear sometimes. I still can't get morrowind to run with any success with wine.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux User
    im pretty sure theres a loki installer for morrowind

yeah I tried it and just never have had any success with it running properly. I'm sure if I spent enough time screwing around I could get a somewhat successful installation but it wasn't on the top of my priority list.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    I was sucessful in installing oblivion. It starts and loads all the way to 99% and hangs.....still working on getting it going..im using cedega 5.1

Just Joined!
    What oblivian are we talking about here? I HOPE IT'S ELDER SCROLLS! I hate to use my windows machine only for that and CS:S.

Just Joined!
    yes i am talking about the elder scrolls 4 oblivion. after much tweeking i decided it was never gona work and were just gona have to wait for transgaming to get there act together

Just Joined!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Oh well.

BTW: Don't hold your breath for the linux version.

I figured I would just post here that although I haven't even attempted to get oblivion to work with linux I've been playin on windows and let me tell you that if you haven't tried Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod and got bored with vanilla oblivion give it a shot. The mods for oblivion are simply amazing so far and have really extended the life of the game for me.

here is a link to oscuro's site.

Just Joined!
    not holding my breath for the linux version, just waiting for Transgaming to put out another relsease of cedega that supports oblivion a bit more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast