Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I can certainly understand how you feel. But you'll need more patience then that if you want to run games in Linux Then again, I don't really use Windows myself ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I can certainly understand how you feel. But you'll need more patience then that if you want to run games in Linux

Then again, I don't really use Windows myself (once or twice a month maybe), but I don't really play games either (other then on my GameCube).

Don't give up. The site I gave you should be a good starting point:
    http://frankscorner.org

Yesterday I did install Diablo 2 on my Debian Etch laptop and the whole process was quite straight forward.

Good luck!
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

HOLY **** IT WORKS!!!! I just installed Halo through linux to windows dir, but I am having a problem to executing it.
    I keep typing
    wine C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe
    and I keep getting this error
    Code:
    wine: cannot find 'C:Program'
    any ideas on how to get around it???

EDIT: I also need to get around this one too.
    I'm making Symbolic links to the folders in profiles to my /root
    Code:
    ln -s /windows/C/windows/profiles/root/My Documents  ~/root/My Documents
    Error
    Code:
    ln: target `Documents' is not a director
    The problem is the space between "My Documents" how do I get around this, because the programs also need to use my documents and desktop.

Thanks for your Time Mp
    Well I figure how to get around it but still it won't execute, it relies on c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys..
    This sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor
    Code:
    wine C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe
    That won't work, it is not a valid bash path, try something more "linux":
    Code:
    wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Games/Halo/halo.exe
    So no "c:" and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor
    Code:
    ln -s /windows/C/windows/profiles/root/My Documents  ~/root/My Documents
    When you have space, either you use " " to get around it, or backslash. For example those should work:
    Code:
    ln -s /windows/C/windows/profiles/root/My\ Documents  ~/root/My\ Documents
    Code:
    ln -s "/windows/C/windows/profiles/root/My Documents"  "~/root/My Documents"
    Keep on trying, you're getting hot!
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ok PROJECT ENDED!!!

I decided to call quits, it doesn't work. I can install it, but I can't execute it. *it crashes to desktop with no GUI of any type even while trying to execute it* So I really didn't know what was wrong because konsole wasn't telling me anything but numbers.
    But what I think might have been happening was that directX was relying on windows drivers so it was getting the list but it fails because I never installed the drivers in windows. It could have been anything else for that matter. I only assumed that might be the problem.
    It too much trouble, *I wouldn't mind if it did work, it would been an ok trade off* WINE was glitchy on SuSe 10, sometime it would link to the files and sometimes it would not link to my C Drive. I barly have any DirectX support, The drivers are too weak to run anything 3d except for the games on linux and Compiz/Xgl.
    Not only that I don't have much use for linux except web browsing and listening to music which is why I want my games to run on it. I was looking for an alternative to Windows and if this did work, People would have had a choice, but it didn't. Its still going to take another 10-20 years before linux will make it big.

PLUS I'm tired, I havn't slept in awhile so I think I'll go catch some Z's

Thanks all for trying to help, even if I was a complete ASS...

There's no shame in knowing what OS works for you. It's quite apparent to me after your rants that you're just much more comfortable with Microsoft Windows and it does what you want. Good. Enjoy it. No need to bash Linux while you're at it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3