Find the answer to your Linux question:
Not the OS, the actual window. I can't find where to edit it, and google is not the best place to search for "window(s)" and "wine" and expect to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows Mode

Not the OS, the actual window. I can't find where to edit it, and google is not the best place to search for "window(s)" and "wine" and expect to get the actual window mode. (If you still dont get what Im asking, Im trying to get my games inside a window instead of fullscreen)

There's an option in your "wine.conf" file that lets you do this. It has to do with creating a virtual desktop of a set dimension (for example, 800x600). More information can be found in the WINE User Guide:

http://www.winehq.com/docs/en/wineusr-guide.html#AEN257

I believe the section you're looking for is in the [x11drv] section of your wine.conf file.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I believe the section you're looking for is in the [x11drv] section of your wine.conf file.
    ...or if you're using a more recent version of wine, which doesn't have a wine.conf, you can set the virtual desktop by running winecfg and clicking the appropriate option in the Graphics tab.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelmo
    ...or if you're using a more recent version of wine, which doesn't have a wine.conf, you can set the virtual desktop by running winecfg and clicking the appropriate option in the Graphics tab.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just goes to show you how often I use WINE.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    If I was rich, I'd hire you two to live at my house and be my 24/7 tech support.