Find the answer to your Linux question:
I finished installing wine earlier today, eger to get WoW's installation underway. When I tried to run winecfg (to create folders, etc) it says: bash: winecfg: command not found Thought ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Winecfg-what happened?

I finished installing wine earlier today, eger to get WoW's installation underway. When I tried to run winecfg (to create folders, etc) it says:

bash: winecfg: command not found

Thought it is possible that it was just acting up that way, I tried starting WoW's installation directly, ending up with this:

wine: creating configuration directory '/home/<blanked out>/.wine'...
    wine: could not exec wineprefixcreate : No such file or directory
    wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/<blanked out>/.wine'.

I haven't been able to find any definte answers for a fix

I am using FC5, wine 0.9.16 (the --version command still works)

no config files for wine have been made yet, even in su mode it is still rejected.

I have tried using winetools, but without winecfg it will not operate

I have done make uninstall and make install (in root) after the initial time, but no avail

help please?

Just Joined!
    mmk....nevermind about that above..I figured out what was going on, but now I am getting the age old error:

err:virtual:map_image Image was mapped at 0xf00000: standard load address for a Win32 program (0x00400000) not available
    err:virtual:map_image Do you have exec-shield or prelink active?
    wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\WoW.exe": Bad EXE format for

I have edited the exec-shield and prelink files so they do NOT start at boot up, but I am still getting this. Any fixes?

Edit: forgot to reset a test I was doing, here is what it really *should* bring up:

rr:virtual:map_image Image was mapped at 0xe60000: standard load address for a Win32 program (0x00400000) not available
    err:virtual:map_image Do you have exec-shield or prelink active?
    wine: could not load L"C:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\WoW.exe": Bad EXE format for