Well I've tried just about everything I know from switching back and from to wine windowed desktop settings (even one that should've seemed to run this size) I've even uninstalled steam and re-installed it along with Half-Life and Counter-Strike. But now that I've switched the graphics from Software to D3D (in hopes of getting slightly improved visuals) The game comes out with just the upper-left corner of the game screen in a 640x(i forget which number) screen, while it looks like it should belong in a 1024x768 screen/window. But when I remove the virtual desktop feature, it "twists" my screen (for a lack of a better word) and I'm forced to restart X. Is there any way to blindly just set Counter-Strike video settings back to default? I'm running Slackware 10.2 with a Radeon 9100 video card (I'm not too sure if the driver I installed is right for me and I'm even more unsure about how to configure it, i got it from the link on the linux-gamers.net site). Any help apprecited, thank you very much for your time.

Edit: Half-Life is having more-or-less the same problem.