Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi This is not really a question about wine, but an enquiry as to whether there are any programs available that make Mac software usable on a Linux system much ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Wine type program for Mac?

Hi

This is not really a question about wine, but an enquiry as to whether there are any programs available that make Mac software usable on a Linux system much like wine does for windows.

I am a linux noobie and would love to make a full switch to Mandriva without my current dual boot, but some of my essential software, mainly CAD packages like VectorWorks I cannot get working with any cross os software and I was wondering whether it would be easier to do with the mac versions.

If anyone could tell me whether any of this is possible, I would really appreciate any advice available

I did a little research and found something called SheepShaver, but I've never tried it myself. Hopefully it'll work out for you!
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!
    Apparently, there's something with a very simmilar name to wine for mac line winedows or something (something beginning with wine)