Hello All,

I am trying to install SolidWorks 2004 student edition under wine... The problem is that I don't know enough about wine to fix the problems I am getting.

any help getting SolidWorks to install with wine would be greatly appreciated,
I am running Gentoo Linux on an amd64 architecture, wine version 0.9.8

I can run the install executable from the cd

Code:
wine /mnt/cdrom/swwi/SwSetup.exe
Here are the messages which appeared in the xterm I ran wine from during the install process:
Code:
mark@localhost /mnt/cdrom/swwi $ ls
SwSetup.exe  data
mark@localhost /mnt/cdrom/swwi $ wine SwSetup.exe
mark@localhost /mnt/cdrom/swwi $ err:msi:deformat_environment Unknown environmen t variable L"ALLUSERSPROFILE"
err:opengl:X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat unexpected iPixelFormat(140) > nFormats(13 9), returns NULL
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"DirectoryCombo"
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"DirectoryList"
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"DirectoryCombo"
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"DirectoryList"
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"Billboard"
err:msi:deformat_environment Unknown environment variable L"ALLUSERSPROFILE"
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"get_CheckSubscribedRegCode" r eturned 1603
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603
mark@localhost /mnt/cdrom/swwi $
Here is a description of the graphical windows which came up and what I did with them.

A window comes up immediatly titled "SolidWorks 2004-2005 Student Edition Setup" (encouraging so far), however, another window also comes up with an error "Unable to find an appropriate resource DLL." with an O.K. box

click O.K. --> another identical error window comes up
click O.K. --> error window with no text but a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle comes up.

click O.K.--> first error comes up again
click O.K.--> Setup window changes to a place with two text fields to specifiy locations for installation directories, and two buttons that say "Change"

Clicking the "Change" button brings up a window which should have a file browser in it, but the window comes up without the browser, clicked cancel out of this one.

click Next. A field comes up for my serial number. Entered it.

Click Next-> "Unable to find an appropriate resource DLL." error again -> OK (22 times)

Window comes up with drop boxes to set standards for document templates... drop boxes work, but are empty.
Click Next.

Window comes up with radio buttons asking wether or not to participate in a feedback program.. Chose No. -> clicked Next.-> Clicked Install

Window comes up with a progress bar, and an error window comes up saying "Distribution Characteristic 101" -> OK to the error

A window comes up stateing that "The wizard was interrupted before SolidWorks 2004-2005 Student Edition could be completely installed."

Click Finish.