Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok... let see... I'm a newbie from Argentina... I installed FC5 without any problem... I configured and runned yum command, downloaded many rpm for mp3, video and DVD support... (I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

about installing... changing CD

ok... let see...
    I'm a newbie from Argentina...
    I installed FC5 without any problem... I configured and runned yum command, downloaded many rpm for mp3, video and DVD support... (I almost forget I have windows on my other disk, )

Also I installed wine without any trouble... but when I tried to install any application/game that have 2 or more disks I can't eject or unmount cd... (if I unmount device, installation would be corrupted)

What can I do? Or most important... what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Just Joined!
    Hello All.

I am also a new user to Wine and I am having the same problem. I have version 9.12 of Wine. If there is a second CD required it asks politely for me to replace the CD in the CD drive and then the door will not open, I cannot Eject it from properties, and then cannot possibly regain the drive until I reboot. Of course, by then, there's no hope of the program being installed.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

I have never encountered this, but I scratched my head over it for a while.

I think I would first try to copy everything from both CDs into one directory on my hard disk, setting up the directory structure the same, and try to execute it from there.

If that doesn't work, have you tried to unmount it as root in a different shell window? I don't think there should be any corruption--if the application is expecting you to pull the disk out, it hopefully has already closed all the files.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    dont use the automount feature, when you pop in the cd type mount /media/cdrom (/mnt/cdrom, whereever your cdrom would be) then when you want to take it out type umount /whereyourcdromis/cdrom, it should work, i remember experiencing that with wine as well

thanks a12ctic
    I will try this... and let you know

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    dont use the automount feature,

And how do I do that?

Linux User
    command line

Quote Originally Posted by thaumielx72
    And how do I do that?
    another way, if you don't want to leave your desktop to go into a console, put any CD, when the autorun windows came, cancel that.
    if you right clic over the CD icon in your desktop, and get the properties page, you can find an option to disable/enable the automount feature.