Find the answer to your Linux question:
I successfully installed Windows based application with Wine on Ubuntu 6.06, but it doesnt run correctly. When I switch options, tools or any other components of program I installed, any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphical problems with Wine

I successfully installed Windows based application with Wine on Ubuntu 6.06, but it doesnt run correctly. When I switch options, tools or any other components of program I installed, any new window or box draws on previous one and previous one doesnt dissapear completely, and that looks awful. Radio buttons do work, but switches and some kind of volume controllers in that app dont work. So, can you tell me, whats the problem it is, if Wine doesnt emulate correctly applications graphics?? (sorry for bad english)

You can experiment with the 5 check boxes in the Graphics tab of winecfg. That is, run winecfg and click Graphics and try different combinations.

Some graphics applications run flawlessly under wine, and some don't. That's why it's beta.

Two other places you could check are the Wine Applications Database and the Wine wiki.

You might also mention the specific application here and see if anybody has tried it.