Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is for emulating windows programs right? and How do I get it to work? If someone could give me step by step instrucions or just link me to a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wine?

This is for emulating windows programs right? and How do I get it to work?
    If someone could give me step by step instrucions or just link me to a site that has them that would be GREAT thanks for yout time.

The installation should be straight forward, take a look to winehq.com to get some ideas about wine and nice howtos.

Try to find a binary package for your distro.

Be aware that not all programs work with wine as a lot of noobs think. And If so they may not work as expected. Sometime some features don't work.
    Some others programs may need you to tweak some wine settings.

As moe say use the right tool for the right task and for running Windows programs Windows is the right tool.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Yeah, I heard that it didnt work all THAT great, but I thought it would be nice to give it a try. I will look at that website and hope that it helps. Thanks.