Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone give me a walkthrough of installing Quicken 2004 with wine? I don't know how to do it. Thanks!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Quicken 2004

Can someone give me a walkthrough of installing Quicken 2004 with wine? I don't know how to do it. Thanks!

Installing any application is pretty much the same. I assume you have Wine installed, and a "fake C drive" under ~/.wine/ (if not, run wineprefixcreate).

Find the Windows installation file for Quicken. It's often named setup.exe, but it could be named anything, though always with an .exe extention.

Run this command in a command shell (teminal window), substituting the name of the installation file if different and the actual path. (Note: do this as a normal user, NOT root.) The path can be either a Linux path like /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe, or a Windows path like d:\\setup.exe.
    Code:
    wine /path/setup.exe
    It may not work, because Wine isn't complete and it doesn't map all of Windows' functions yet.
    But if it does work, you should see the Windows installation window pop up just like on Windows.
    Typically, lots and lots of diagnostic and error messages scroll in the background in the command shell. If it works, just ignore them.

It will install it's program files to some directory under :
    ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/
    To run it, you may get a "short cut" icon installed somewhere, depending on the desktop you use. But you can always run it directly. I don't know the executable name of Quicken, but if it is quicken.exe, then you could start it like this. The quotes are necessary (or a backslash) so the command shell correctly sees the space as part of the filename.
    Code:
    wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/quicken.exe"
    You might want to add a function or alias to your ~/.bash_profile something like this
    Code:
    alias quicken='~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/quicken.exe'

It worked. Many Thanks!!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I found out that when I turn on my computer, Firefox won't start, And the only option is to restart the computer. How can I uninstall it?