Find the answer to your Linux question:
can anyone tell me as to how i can install the Gecko HTML rendering Engine in WIne? thnx in advance. Rajiv Nair...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GEcko

can anyone tell me as to how i can install the Gecko HTML rendering Engine in WIne?

thnx in advance.

Rajiv Nair

Quote Originally Posted by RajivNair
    can anyone tell me as to how i can install the Gecko HTML rendering Engine in WIne?

thnx in advance.

Rajiv Nair
    Context would greatly help here. What is the "big picture" thing that you're trying to accomplish by getting the Gecko rendering engine installed with WINE?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    well it all started with me trying to get Counter Strike Condition Zero working with WINE,it installed n ran perfectly n thats when i figured outta problem,it was that i couldnt connect to a server coz of one file named MOTD.txt which was basically a HTML/XML file,somehow WINE wasnt able to read it,sometime back i was installing something when i got a message to d/w Gecko engine to proceed,i did it n waaala i could connet to servers,then i had to format my PC n reinstall linux,but now i have lost that s/w's setup n donno how to get Gecko.

Quote Originally Posted by RajivNair
    well it all started with me trying to get Counter Strike Condition Zero working with WINE,it installed n ran perfectly n thats when i figured outta problem,it was that i couldnt connect to a server coz of one file named MOTD.txt which was basically a HTML/XML file,somehow WINE wasnt able to read it,sometime back i was installing something when i got a message to d/w Gecko engine to proceed,i did it n waaala i could connet to servers,then i had to format my PC n reinstall linux,but now i have lost that s/w's setup n donno how to get Gecko.
    Gecko is the core component to Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox, if I'm not mistaken. I've never heard of anyone being able to download just the engine itself, even in MS Windows.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants