Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm a fairly new user to linux and I had wine working and I was using windows programs and such fine. I tried upgrading it to see if I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

X11 Driver is Missing Error

Hello, I'm a fairly new user to linux and I had wine working and I was using windows programs and such fine. I tried upgrading it to see if I could resolve some issues I was having with a particular program and now whenever I type "winecfg" I get the following:

err:imagelist:ImageList_ReplaceIcon no color!
    Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    The X11 driver is missing. Check your build!
    Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    The X11 driver is missing. Check your build!

The wine configuration never shows up. I can't figure out how to solve this, any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, I'm using Ubuntu Debian 6.06 and fglrx ATi drivers.

Just Joined!
    I'm haveing the exact same problem with Ubuntu Fiesty and Gutsy. The problem started when the version of wine in the add/remove and synaptic was not the newest version so I compiled the source for the latest release. Now the newest version is available from the gutsy repo. but when I remove and reinstall, it has the same problem. Removing is not removing everything either because some of the stuff is still in my menu. If I can find the directories and manually remove everything would a fresh install of wine from the repo. work now?

I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy and nvidia drivers.