Find the answer to your Linux question:
Trying to install ActiveSync 3.1, it installs just fine but at the detection screen is says Com1-4 'not available' (I'm trying to sync with a serial cable), IR not installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ActiveSync 3.1 on FC5

Trying to install ActiveSync 3.1, it installs just fine but at the detection screen is says Com1-4 'not available' (I'm trying to sync with a serial cable), IR not installed (true), and USB 'not supported' (thats ok I'm using serial). How do I make this application able to use the serial port? I've got the device plugged in but it doesn't recognize it, just saying that the com port is unavailable.

What kind of device are you trying to sync? A PDA? Are you sure there's not a way to sync it using native Linux software?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    It's a Compaq Aero 8000, an older wince device. AFAIK it doesn't support syncing natively with linux. It runs Win Ce 2.0/Pro; it's a sub-mini laptop design. I've tried activesync 3.0 and 3.1 but for some reason neither or them seem to recognize that I have any com ports at all.

Just Joined!
    Bump? I'd rather not use VMware just to run activesync, the winedb states this app is compatible.