Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am running Suse 10.1, Installed the latest Nvidia drivers by recompiling the kernel. I got cedega and installed it through an rpm, when I try to run cedega ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Cedega Freezes

Hi, I am running Suse 10.1, Installed the latest Nvidia drivers by recompiling the kernel. I got cedega and installed it through an rpm, when I try to run cedega my computer freezes and I have to reboot.

I run glxinfo and get the direct rendering line to be yes. the gears also run well but i don't see the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Specs: Toshiba Laptop: Pentium M 1.86 GHz, 100GB HDD, 512 MB RAM, Geforce Go 6600 PCI-Xpress

Just Joined!
    try redownloading cedega. I assume you actually purchased a subscription. I'm not a SuSe guy but you make sure in your Xorg.conf or whatever file it's called that drivers were set to nvidia, instead of Vesa correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sagarcia
    Hi, I am running Suse 10.1, Installed the latest Nvidia drivers by recompiling the kernel.
    You shouldn't have to recompile the kernel to install the Nvidia drivers. You should only have to compile the Nvidia kernel module. Did you follow this approach?

I got cedega and installed it through an rpm, when I try to run cedega my computer freezes and I have to reboot.
    Does it completely freeze or is it just your GUI? Can you exit out of X Windows with CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE and get to a command line?

I run glxinfo and get the direct rendering line to be yes. the gears also run well but i don't see the problem.
    I believe that is one of your problems. DRI should not be enabled on an Nvidia card, only ATI.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants