Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I installed Homeworld 2 on my Ubuntu 6.10 succesfully. However the problem is that it wont work. The first problem was that wine could not locate the cd . ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Have anyone been able to get Homeworld 2 working in wine?

Hello
    I installed Homeworld 2 on my Ubuntu 6.10 succesfully.
    However the problem is that it wont work.
    The first problem was that wine could not locate the cd . I fixed that problem by adding the cdrom drive in winecfg

But: Thats as far as i got
    When i try to run Homeworld 2 i get this error
    Code:
    teroedni@knot64:~$ wine /media/cdrom0/autoplay.exe
    teroedni@knot64:~$ fixme:cdrom:CDROM_DeviceIoControl Unsupported IOCTL 2d1400 (type=2d access=0 func=500 meth=0)
    fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x34b9ac) stub!
    err:module:import_dll Library ntoskrnl.exe (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\temp\\PpciBus.sys") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library HAL.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\temp\\PpciBus.sys") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\temp\\PpciBus.sys" failed, status c0000135
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x666880, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x208cee8, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x208d000, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x20852b8, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x6885b0, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x5d4b57, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x5d3d49, enabling work-around
    fixme:seh:check_no_exec No-exec fault triggered at 0x5cce79, enabling work-around
    err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 40 bytes in thread 000d eip 7bc2f743 esp 00240fd8 stack 0x241000-0x350000
    Any ideas to what might be wrong?
    Thanks in Advance

Linux Engineer
    Yes, the game is actually officially supported by cedega, the pay version of wine. Cedega works much better anyway, so hop onto your favorite p2p and grab it.

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games...l?game_id=3185
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!

Arrow

Thanks genesus , but i dont like the way Cedega is cheating wine on so i dont wanna deal with them.

But is there anyone that can tell me what the errors mean?
    Any thoughts or anything?

Thanks

The ntoskrnl reference may indicate a copy protection error .... try a no cd patch and see if that changes anything.