Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, I managed to get to work HP1020, HP1010, HP1160, Minolta 1400W and Okipage 4250B on (K)ubuntu 6.06 under wine and MS Word Viewer 2003. I cannot use other ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A small printing problem?

Hi everybody,

I managed to get to work HP1020, HP1010, HP1160, Minolta 1400W and Okipage 4250B on (K)ubuntu 6.06 under wine and MS Word Viewer 2003. I cannot use other program than Viewer 2003, as I am printing rtf files, which are exported by another win32 application.
    Every page of the documents I print consists of text fomatted in Arial and Courier New. Here is the problem:

All text in Arial is presented perfectly on the sheet, but all text in Courier New is semi-printed. Only the first 50% of each character are printed! As you see all printers use different ppd files, so I guess it is not a driver problem, but wine's.

Can you suggest where to look for the problem?

I am not willing to reformat the text in the forms, which are used for export to rtf, as they are more than 50 and I have to import them in the database, which is really a lot of work, having in mind that I will have to do this after work....

e-mail: t.i.ivanov@gmail.com

Just Joined!
    Well...I went a little further. I just deleted my Cour.TTF in windows/Fonts and MS Word Viewer automatically switched to Couri.TTF (Courier New Italic). Now all text is in italic, but is printed correctly.

However, I am still not aware if this is a font problem or a wine printing problem. Any thoughts or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!

Finally some truth!

The problem turned out to be in Ghostscript.

I was using gs-eps v. 8.15.2. I downgraded to v. 7.07.1 and now everything is ok.

I hope this helps.
    Todor

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close