Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was quite disappointed when I came home after buying my mp3 and saw that I needed Windows XP to install the software that goes with the player. If I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Creative Zen mp3 software on Linux

I was quite disappointed when I came home after buying my mp3 and saw that I needed Windows XP to install the software that goes with the player.
    If I installed Wine, would I be able to install this software?

Thank you.

Just Joined!

Never mind

I got it working!

Just in case somebody prefer a native solution http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

I prefer to use wine if possible

Hello,
    I cam across your post. I just insatalled Ubuntu on my computer and am also trying to get my new creative zen m going using the software and wine. No luck as of yet, can you tell me how you did it. I am a totally newbie so any detailed/specific help would be much appericated.
    thanks

Just Joined!

Not using Wine

Sorry, I guess I should have elaborated a little.

I got my Zen working but not by using Wine. I used libnjb, gnomad2 and a few other things I had to add. There is a web page that explains how to.

http://www.linux.ie/articles/tutorials/zen.php

Good luck.

Which Zen are you using?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    thanks for replying.
    I am using the creative zen vision m.
    I have seen the sight that you posted, as well as a some info on Ubuntu forums and also gnomad2's own sight.
    I have tried that method but still run into problems. I am sure that this has a lot to do with being new at using linux and command lines, but even following the instructions carefully, no luck as of yet.

One thing I am concerned with (and not sure if I should be or not) is I have properly unistallted everything (gnomad2, etc) before attempting to reinstall.

I will try again today and post some of my efforts. I would appericate any feedback from anyone watching...
    -

Just Joined!
    Just use gnomad2 (Gnomad2 - Getting your Jukebox/Zen running under Linux) its a gui that is very simple to use. It works without any problem on my Ubuntu 7.04.