Find the answer to your Linux question:
if i wanted to edit wine files outside of the "wine file" application, to put files into c:, for instance, where can i find it? is there any way to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

where are the files?

if i wanted to edit wine files outside of the "wine file" application, to put files into c:, for instance, where can i find it? is there any way to get files into there?

Just Joined!
    You haven't given me enough clues, really...
    The location of the C drive is set in wine.conf (maybe in your home directory, maybe in /etc)
    If this is an NTFS partition (created by XP / 2000) then you may have some fun trying to write to it, otherwise there should be no problem editing files under linux

Just Joined!
    well, i never really fiddled with it, so i thought it'd be in some default kind of place
    in Wine File, when i click on c:, at the top it says "c:\ - NTFS", it probably is NTFS
    when i go to Wine Configuration, it says "C:" under "Letter", and "../drive_c" under "Drive Mapping". i'm not sure what else information to give you, tell me where to find what you want to know and i'll do it right away

Just Joined!
    Ahh - I think we are at crossed purposes! I must remember to wake up, drink coffee, finish waking up, then read the forum! Are you asking about WINE (Wine Is Not An Emulator) and editing Windows files on a computer running Linux, or wine-file, the wine database software for windows? Or are you trying to edit wine files produced by wine-file running under WINE? I think I need more coffee!
    Seriously, what operating system are you running, and what software?

Just Joined!
    i'm on a single operating system, fedora core 6, and i've run wine to install a program, and i want to get the program's files, to add something into the program folder

Go to your home directory and "unhide" that which you seek by using these two keys "ctrl + h" and you will see some directories appear and scroll down until you locate one named ".wine" click on it and browse around till you find it,shouldn't be to hard to locate that program which you seek.