Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed WINE on my Ubuntu system... and I installed Full Tilt Poker on it. In a weird shuffle, I managed to delete the files of my FTP installation located ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"Formatting" my WINE installation

I installed WINE on my Ubuntu system... and I installed Full Tilt Poker on it.

In a weird shuffle, I managed to delete the files of my FTP installation located in Program Files.....

Since there is no Recycle Bin or Control Panel, I cannot undelete the files I deleted or uninstall the Full Tilt Poker.... so basically..... I would like to re-format my WINE installation so it thinks that it is a fresh install.

I want to do this because I have tried uninstalling and re-installing WINE itself, but it does not get rid of the files, and I can't delete them, nor do I hope to.... I would rather just "re-format my Windows installation."

Please help!

WINE isn't a Windows installation. It's a program that runs MS Windows software. To "reformat it" (essentially just reset everything) all you need to do is delete your user settings for it. They're probably in your /home/ directory in the hidden folder .wine, or something similar.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    What about like the "registry" and stuff?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    All the MS Windows internals (registry, application data, DLLs) are stored in the .wine directory, as far as I know. You might also be able to reset things by running winecfg, but I haven't used WINE in a long time so that may have changed.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Incredibly that worked! You're awesome man!

Just Joined!

Full Tilt running?

So you have Full Tilt running and can connect to games? I am running Ubuntu 6.1 and WINE 9.3 and cannot connect. It will launch and then even find updates, but it will not connect tot he game server, so I cannot play.

ANY help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just Joined!

Full Tilt running fine

Big news: I GOT IT WORKING. Actually a helpful fellow named Jeremy made it work. Thanks, Jeremy. Here are the steps. Keep in mind that you will need to be connected to a networked Windows machine with Full Tilt Poker installed. BTW this works for Ubuntu 6.1 Edgy running WINE 9.3.0 -- can't say whether or not it works with different configurations.

Install Full Tilt on your Ubuntu machine. After installation, browse your Windows machine and copy the entire Full Tilt Poker folder over to the Ubuntu machine. You are basically replacing the Ubuntu Full Tilt Poker folder with the one from your Windows machine. (The Ubuntu folder should be in \home\username\.wine\drive_c\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker. Don't forget to show hidden folders [control+h] so you can see the .wine folder!) After you replace the folder, simply launch the FullTiltPoker.exe. Jeremy's took a couple times before it connected, but mine worked perfectly from the get-go. You can now launch it with a line command or simply make a launcher pointing to the new .exe file and play.

Lemme know if you need help. I probably cannot provide it since I am a newbie, but maybe we can figure it out together.

Mike