Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm looking for some help with a recent purchase. It's a USB Memory Stick/Key that encrypts all the data on it when you remove the stick. To decrypt it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Fingerprint Secured USB Key

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with a recent purchase. It's a USB Memory Stick/Key that encrypts all the data on it when you remove the stick. To decrypt it, you scan your finger with the little sensor on the stick, or enter a password. In WinXP, it's pretty much plug and go, everything installs automatically, etc. etc. When I plug the stick in, it automatically opens up the little program and asks me to "login". This program is called FingerVerify.exe

In Ubuntu, nothing happens when I plug the stick in. If I try to run the .exe in WINE, it says it cannot find the sensor.

I use the latest (non-development) Ubuntu distribution, Edgy Eft.

Do I need to copy something from Windows XP to WINE?

Thanks for any help.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Flame View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for some help with a recent purchase. It's a USB Memory Stick/Key that encrypts all the data on it when you remove the stick. To decrypt it, you scan your finger with the little sensor on the stick, or enter a password. In WinXP, it's pretty much plug and go, everything installs automatically, etc. etc. When I plug the stick in, it automatically opens up the little program and asks me to "login". This program is called FingerVerify.exe

In Ubuntu, nothing happens when I plug the stick in. If I try to run the .exe in WINE, it says it cannot find the sensor.

I use the latest (non-development) Ubuntu distribution, Edgy Eft.

Do I need to copy something from Windows XP to WINE?

Thanks for any help.
    Hello =)
    Where can i find FingerVerify.exe ?