Find the answer to your Linux question:
As i'm new to linux i'm struggling to get to work with it.I don't know how to use wine properly.I'm not able to run utorrent,yahoomessenger etc...files in wine.Are there any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile New to linux and Wine

As i'm new to linux i'm struggling to get to work with it.I don't know how to use wine properly.I'm not able to run utorrent,yahoomessenger etc...files in wine.Are there any other equivalent to wine or are there any possible way to run windows programs in a seemless manner in wine.

Is there any good emulator for ps1 and ps2 in linux.

hi...
    welcome to linux.....

wine does not work with all windows softwares....for a detailed software compatibility you can check ou their official site www.winehq.com
    latest versions of yahoo messenger do not work with wine..(i mean 8 and above..havent tried earlier ones...) There is however a yahoo messenger for linux....google for it..it is for red hat 8 or 9 but works with fedora core ....however... u might not get voice n new smileys ...
    also there is gaim for fedora core which can take care of all your messenger needs...it supports MSN, Yahoo!, etc.

another option other than wine is Cedega which is its paid version is supposed to better with more windows software support...however i havent tried it out so cant give you any information....

hope this is of some help...

prateek