Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have one program in my pc, written for Windows, but not requiring installation. There is just one executable file. This program (Subtitle Processor) runs fine via Wine, but because ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to add shortcut to Applications menu

I have one program in my pc, written for Windows, but not requiring installation. There is just one executable file. This program (Subtitle Processor) runs fine via Wine, but because of hasn't been installed it does not appear in wine menu.

I put it to program files, and now i want to add a shortcut in the applications menu (via Alacarte Menu Editor). How to do that?

What I do for things like this is write a short shell script that calls wine to run the program. Something like:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd ~/.wine/Program/ Files
    wine 'Subtitle Processor.exe'
    I save the script somewhere in my system path, such as /usr/local/bin (or ~/bin if you're on a system where you don't have write access to /usr/local/bin), then use the regular menu editor to add a menu entry.

Note that you can put the script anywhere you want; I just use a */bin directory because it's convenient.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!