Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded Wine so I can play some Windows games. I want to install a driver and some games when I get it working. The trouble is, I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help installing programs in Wine.

I have downloaded Wine so I can play some Windows games. I want to install a driver and some games when I get it working.

The trouble is, I can't really get it working. I have the settings module in the KDE Control Center, but I don't know how to install programs. I read how to run them and I know how to configure it, but I just don't know how to install programs or graphics drivers.

I have looked at the Wine documentation, but I didn't find any info on how to install programs, so if you could provide a link, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
    BigFoot

Linux Newbie

games in wine

if your wine is installed and you have 3d support. ( your video card drivers are installed in linux ) all you have to do is insert your game cd/dvd, when the window pops up to open the cd, just click ok. you should now see the contents of what is on the cd. find the setup.exe or install.exe icon and click it. this will open another window that will ask you what program you want to use to open it. just type ( wine ) and then click ok. your installer should run just like windows.. I recomend going to frankscorner to find out how to get certain games to run..

hope this helps
    Alienware M17
    Dual ATI 3870 512Mb ram each
    intel 5300 wireless
    Ubuntu 8.04