Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, Im really new to Linux and the command line in general, Im not at all programing savy. Ive spent all my computing life thus far on windows and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face WIne Uninstall/ CLEAR

Hey all, Im really new to Linux and the command line in general, Im not at all programing savy. Ive spent all my computing life thus far on windows and I thought I was pretty good with computers

but since I hate microsoft and their monopoly and since I love the free-os mentality I have swtitched

sorry for the rant ill get to the point!

I had wine installed because I wanted to play warcraft III so I installed it, it lagged alot and so I uninstalled wine, and now under applications (I run fefora core 6) I still have that annoying wine folder with Warcraft III I cant deleate it and I cant seam to find where its located on the computer

how do you clear all the remaining wine files and folders after wine has been uninstalled

(I took wine out by going into the add/remove folder and clicking wine) becuase , again Im a super no0b with the command line and I am still getting used to it

any resources on becoming better with the command line would be great, but also just getting rid of this crap would help as well

Give this a try (from your home directory):

rm -r .local/share/applications/wine

If that fails, try this:

find . -iname *warcraft*

to find the relevant directory. Remember to use "man" for more info about any command, i.e. "man find"

Thumbs up

My dad was using his HD which uses XP and I only have a few minutes so I wanted to check my email.

Basicly I havent had the time to try it as of right now but when I get back in a few hours I will

thank you kindly for your help

I cant stress how much I love the concept of linux and the community feel to it all.

Maybee in a year or two Ill have my head out of my ass with fedora and actually be able to do half the stuff I did with windows just as easily, getting there

ill help the newbs when the time comes around the time comes around

Cheers

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close